Monday 15 March 2010

Shot 3 Final



This is the final version of this shot. got there Eventually.

It actually took me quite a long time to get the lighting for this shot looking right. I had wanted the character's face to be in shadow so that the room had a realistic lighting that carried on from the previous shot, but I didn't like the way her face literally only had the one tone to is because the light was behind her. Her hair also only had the one tone so I decided to add a light in front of her.




The light I added in front of her face originally looked quite nice, but in the second test I realised it affected shadow in the whole room which was very noticeable when she moved. To amend this I changed the brightness of the light close to her face. this worked, but getting the shadow to be the right shape was a bit of a pain. I must have made at least 50+ one frame test renders to get it to look right. Also she leans forward as she looks down and I had to check that the shadow was acceptable at that angle too. Eventually I found one that looked right.

The point of this shot is so that the character looks kind of shocked at the clothes falling out of the wardrobe, which is why she opens her mouth in such a way. The shocked expression is followed by a concerned grit of the teeth which is the end of the first half of the advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment